I still have 3 more boxes to build, as well as 4 of them to level out and fill with dirt...and a lot of plants to plant, but it's a start.
Enzo also enjoyed playing outside, once he got over his fear of walking on the grass and concrete.
I really learned this week how much he is ALL BOY. His new favorite words are Grandpa and Truck. I think I have heard each of those words about a thousand times over the last week. When we were working outside, Grandpa came over with his 4-wheeler, which Enzo loved. Now whenever we hear anything that sounds like Grandpa's 4-wheeler, Enzo inevitably says "Pa-Pa" or "truck", and will even go stand staring out the window,
until we can find the source of the noise. (Anything that's bigger or noisier than a car is a "truck" - which Enzo can now pronounce completely, by the way.)
While I was writing this, Grandpa showed up with the 4-wheeler, so I snapped a couple of pictures.
I am now being bombarded with a pleading "Pa-pa, Pa-pa" incessantly, despite the cold weather and the scattered raindrops, I won't get any rest as long as Grandpa is outside.
While outside this past week, Enzo discovered another boy favorite - bugs! He sat for quite a while trying to get the ants crawling on the sidewalk.
As usual, we also spent Friday morning sitting outside waiting for the trash truck. We've learned that the garbage man is friendly enough to wave back, while the recycle man is way too cool.
This Friday we also got posts installed for our new fence. I was grateful for the good weather, because between the big truck parked outside our house and the sound of the drill drilling holes (which we had stand as close as possible to), I didn't get to spend much time inside the house that day. I'm looking forward to this week when the REALLY BIG truck comes to pour concrete on our side yard - I know how much he'll love that one!
While working on the yard, we took a trip to IFA for some plants, only to discover the wonderful world of duckies and chickies. Enzo LOVED seeing all of the ducklings and little chicks. Once again, the video quality leaves a bit to be desired (I've figured out how to make my phone videos the right side up, but don't know if there is a way to edit them like I can with the camcorder) so there are two videos to show the full effect.
Enzo also got to spend a lot of time with his cousins this week. (I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my one week of being a stay-at-home mom - and I am SOOO looking forward to putting my teaching career on indefinite hold beginning in June so that I can have Spring Break every day.) He got to play almost every day with one cousin or another this week. Sophia and Maggie got to come over during one of the rare rain-less moments this week, so I took the opportunity to let Enzo and Sophie paint outside.
Poor Maggie had to stay inside and watch because her clothes were way too cute and clean to get paint all over.
I did change Enzo's clothes, knowing that he'd get paint all over him, but I forgot to take off his white socks - and they became the painted masterpiece more than any paper I gave him.
Sophia, of course, was much more successful in painting a picture.
The only thing besides his socks that Enzo successfully painted was the wooden deck ...
...and his face.
With all the rain, Enzo also got to spend time inside doing another of his favorite things - helping Mom. He got to help make breakfast in his favorite spot on the counter.
He loves to sweep so much that I bought him an Enzo-sized broom so that he could help "swee, swee, swee."
But of course, he'd still much rather use Mom's broom instead.
It's a good thing he's learning how to clean up, because he also makes more than his fair share of messes.
Over spring break, both Enzo and I got hair cuts. I had made a couple of attempts at cutting Enzo's hair myself in the past (with various degrees of success):But this was his first REAL hair cut. He did great and didn't cry one bit!
However, the finished result of Enzo's hair cut was only marginally better than my previous attempts, so I decided it's definitely something I can learn to do for the future.
I also went and chopped off my hair - a very different, but much needed change.
My friend Karalee Colton did my hair - and took the pictures. Thanks Karalee!
The end of Spring Break came too quickly. We finished the break with Easter. The Easter Bunny decided not to visit our house this year because he knew Enzo wouldn't understand - so he decided to wait until Next year when Enzo would appreciate and enjoy it a lot more. However, we did get to have an Easter Egg Hunt at the park on Saturday. And like the Easter Bunny, Enzo didn't fully understand or appreciate the whole idea. He could care less about all of the eggs everywhere, he was mostly just sad that he couldn't play on the playground.
However, after the hunt got started, he got the hang of things a little bit and started to enjoy himself.
It didn't last too long though, and soon he said "forget about the eggs!" and made a beeline for the playground...
...where he was happy at last.


















I just can't get over how adorable Enzo is! I'm so glad you guys had such a great spring break. You deserve it, Steph. I'm way excited for when you can stay home with him every day. You're an amazing mom. Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeletelove,
your sister Stacy
Looks like the best spring break ever!!!!! :) I can't wait for summer!!!
ReplyDelete