Thursday, January 5, 2012

A visit from Grandma Cindy (catch-up post)

Grandma Cindy had a last minute opportunity to drive up here with some friends for the week of Thanksgiving.  It was great to get to relax and visit, and of course, for Enzo to get to play with Grandma.  Grandma helped me make some Kool-Aid playdough, and Enzo loved it.



Since then, Sophia and Maggie have also been able to enjoy the playdough as well.




I probably never would have gotten around to making it without my mom there to play with Enzo.  So Thanks Mom!!

Another highlight was the fact that Grandma brought presents!  Because she wouldn't see Enzo this year for his birthday or Christmas, he got to get some presents early.  First was the Legos, which Enzo and Grandma got the enjoy together.





Then for Christmas, my mom took my suggestion and ordered Enzo a kitchen from Amazon.  We had free shipping and she found a great deal, so she decided to get it for Enzo early.  Fortunately, it came while she was still here and she was able to help me put it together.  We didn't get to it right away though, and Enzo was quick to try and use his tools to open it.


I don't have any pictures of him actually playing with his kitchen, but he loves it.  One day I put his "kitchen" in the real kitchen with me, and Enzo played with it while I cooked.  He was so cute.  He said, "Enzo make Mommy so happy.  Enzo make dinner!" I asked him what he had made and he said, "Enzo cook Mommy chocolate."

I'm so glad my mom could come and spend a week with me, and I was especially glad that she could actually get to see Enzo enjoy the presents she got him.  So much better than hearing about it on the phone or reading about it on my blog, I think.  What makes me really happy is how he knows who Grandma Cindy is and how he loves her.  With her being so far away in California, and not getting to see her every day, I think it is great when she comes and gets to spend time with her.  Thanks Mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment