Thursday, July 26, 2012

Catching Up

A couple of nights ago I got on to catch up some of my blog (I am about 5-6 months behind, I haven't even blogged about my baby girl, who is now almost FOUR months old!) - and I discovered that I have reached my limit on my photo storage and I wasn't able to upload any more pictures unless I wanted to pay for it.  Who knew? Of course, being the frugal person that I am (James has rubbed off on me.  I do have to say, I've rubbed off on him too, and we now have a happy medium - frugal instead of cheap.) I am not really too excited to pay monthly for some extra storage.  So I found the picture storage - Picasso web album, deleted all of the pictures that weren't being used on my blog, and I have some more room.  How much more, I'm not sure.  So my goal is to catch up on this blog up until Adalina was born and then print it in a blog book.  Then I plan on starting a new blog, since the address for this one doesn't include Adalina, and catch up on there from Adalina's birth until now.  But, since I have some cute recent pictures and videos and I know that Grandmas and Grandpas are missing out on some fun stuff, I'm going to post some (okay, probably a lot) of random favorites so that no one who really cares has to wait for as long as it will take me to get caught up.  And since both of my kids were asleep by 7:30 and James is at scout camp, there's no better time than right now.  So here goes:

If you can ignore my cooing and Enzo jabbering in the background, you can hear the adorable talking that Adalina is starting to do:


This is how Enzo fell asleep last night.  He has turned a new leaf and thankfully almost grown out of the terrible at going to bed phase. We get ready for bed, I read two stories, leave his room and don't hear from him again till morning.  I LOVE it!

Enzo loves to paint, which I usually have him do in the bathtub.  One of his recent favorite books is this one:
where the boy paints all over the house, and then himself.  Enzo, whether intentionally or not, recreated the book: He first painted "pictures on the floor, and the ceiling and the walls and the curtain and the floor"





As a line in the book says, "I ain't complete till I paint my....FEET!

At the end of the book, after he paints all of the rest of his body, it goes, "I'm such a nut, gonna paint my...." and mom walks in and says, "WHAT?!?!?!"  Well, Enzo finished what the boy in the story wasn't able to and painted his....

He now asks me to read this story at least twice a day.

And yes, he's naked while he paints.  That's because he's off-and-on potty training.  If he is naked, he will use the potty all day long.  He's only had one tiny accident while he was naked, and he stopped himself and ran to the toilet and finished the job.  But if he's wearing undies, it's hit and miss, with many accidents, especially if he's playing or doing something fun.  And if he wears diapers, he makes sure he uses them as they were intended to be used.  He's been able and willing to go pee-pee in the potty for a long time but we could never get him to go #2.  That is until one day I caught him in the act and he was willing to try - and went!!  I was so excited I screamed - and then he made me take a picture of it. (He is a boy, after all)  All day long, he asked to see his "poop picture" and then when he saw it, he asked me to, "Mommy, scweam!" We even had to send the picture to Grandma and Grandpa - and since they've already seen it, there's no need to post it on here.  Now going poop in the potty is a big, exciting event that he loves to do.  If he's naked, of course.

Here he is, riding the train again, this time with Mommy, as his reward for going poop in the potty.  And he didn't even have to use his own money! (Unfortunately, the sound and the picture are a little off, but he tells you that he "went poop in the toywet (toilet)").



The talking that Adalina showed us in that first video is new this week (well, the quantity of it at least) as she babbles all day long like that.  She has also finally started playing with some of her toys.  She went from just laying there doing nothing one day, to playing and talking for long periods of time the next day:


It makes me so excited, I love it that she can play (pretty much so that I don't feel so guilty leaving her alone when I have to get something done, play with Enzo, or put out another "fire" of his.) And plus, she's just so darn cute when she does it.

We have been spending a lot of our Saturdays lately in the car as James has had to work driving to remote Utah locations (Price, Brigham City, and other far away places) to install some medical alarm systems or do service calls.  Instead of sitting at home missing him, we make a family road trip out of it.  Which leaves me a lot of time in the car entertaining two little ones.  Here are some of the pictures from those fun times:




Drooling on Mommy's arm, a new favorite past time.




Some of the other fun we've been having lately:

Going to the annual Herriman "Touch a Truck"with our friends Jared and Chrissy, and more importantly, their kids Will and Ellie:







Playing in the rain and giving Sully a bath (as he sang, "Down came the rain and washed the spider out.")

Going to the Days of 47 Parade Float Preview:


 Visiting Aunt E and Uncle Joe and riding on the "Go Go Cart":
And here's Adalina E with her namesake, my Great Aunt E:
 Throwing paint balloons:

Eating peas from the garden:




Making "ball-cane-oes":





 And then tearing it apart and washing it down the sink when we were done:



Playing with Daddy:


We have some pictures just like these with Enzo when he was a baby too.

And visiting Thanksgiving Point (with cousin Calan):



 Calan jumped right in:

 And Enzo stood on the sidelines, happy to just watch:

Again, Calan jumped right in:

 And Enzo finally got in, as long as he could hold Mommy's hand:

But by the end, he was right in there with Calan (although slightly less enthusiastically):


And another picture or two (or twenty), just for fun:



 Adalina's first 4th of July (yes, I made that bow, look at me be crafty):






1 comment:

  1. The storage issue happened to me too. All you have to do is set up a new account with a new e-mail address, and add that account as an authorized user to your blog, and you should be good to go! (until that e-mail runs out of space lol)

    ReplyDelete