So there's a reason why I have spent most of my vacation in my pajamas. Enzo is an early riser, and has been going on a nap strike. So my time to myself has been pretty limited. I can either spend it cleaning, getting other work done, relaxing, or catching up on much needed sleep. Or I guess I could get myself ready - shower, do my hair, put on make -up and all of that. But usually, one of the other things on my list is more pressing. So this morning, since I hadn't been able to shower for a couple of days, I REALLY needed a shower. I decided to brave the shower anyway, despite Enzo being wide awake and full of energy.
Since Enzo has always seemed very interested in the shower, and had made previous attempts to climb in with me, I thought maybe he'd like to take a shower with me. However, I was definitely wrong in that assumption. He hated it. So I got out, dripping wet, dried him off and got him back into his pajamas. Then I hopped back in for a hurried shower.
That's when Enzo discovered the "shower game." My entire hurried shower was spent crouched against the far wall, hoping to get as little water onto the floor outside as possible. Enzo spent my entire shower opening the door - closing the door - opening the door, throwing all of his toys inside - taking all of his toys out - closing the door - opening...you get the idea. Occasionally he would open the door and go to the far end of the bathroom to play, but as soon as I closed the door, he'd be right back to open it again.
After I got dressed, I grabbed the camera and hopped back in. As soon as he heard the door close, Enzo was right back there to play again.
As fun as the "shower game" is, I think I'll save my future showers for when James is home or Enzo is asleep.
Too cute!! I can totally relate, about 2 weeks ago Emmett went on a napping strike and I about lost my mind, after 3 days of only 1 nap a day, I had had it, I got him to take a morning nap and I can tell you life was SO much better that day! Naps are just as important for the mommy!
ReplyDelete