First of all, he's so happy. For the majority of the time, he has a grin on his face - or a laugh coming out of his mouth. He is a big tease, just like his dad. He will sometimes say something totally opposite of the truth and then say, "Enzo joking." He runs a mile a minute - and when I say run, I mean literally. That boy is just barely learning how to walk. You set him down (or, more often, he climbs himself down) and off he goes, bouncing as fast as his little feet will go. Just last night as I was trying to get him in the bath, he tried to sneak his naked little bum past me out the door. I asked him where he was going and he said "Run away Mommy." At the grocery store, "Enzo walk." Of course, that also means run away from Mommy as fast as he can. We are finally learning to walk by Mommy's side - with frequent reminders that, "No, that is not walking," to which he will slow down for another moment or two.
In addition to running, he also talks a mile a minute. Actually, he doesn't talk fast as much as he just...talks. He now speaks in almost complete sentences. Some of my recent favorites are, "Enzo need Daddy so ba-ad," (spoken through sobbing tears whenever he gets a little owie) and "Mommy, Enzo ready watch Frosty Snowman big TV." Yesterday we drove by Grandma and Grandpa's house, who are currently on the tropical island of Pohnpei, Micronesia and will be gone for the next two years serving a mission (another belated blog post I have yet to catch up on). As we drove by, Enzo said to me, "No go Grandpa's house. Far away mission. Two years. Talk Computer." (Apparently, Grandma or Grandpa explained to him how he will get to talk to them on the computer, because it isn't something James or I ever told him.) His memory and comprehension are incredible.
Besides running and talking, his other two favorite things are singing and dancing. Every night we sing him songs before he goes to bed, and he can sing along most of the words with us. His current favorite is "Pinocchio," which is what he calls "Rudolph the Red Nosed- Reindeer." He doesn't know all of the words yet, but he definitely chimes in when it comes to the extra words at the end of each line. "Call him names...LIKE NOCCHIO....Join in any reindeer games...LIKE CHECKERS.....Down in His-tor-y...LIKE WUMBUS." If he's playing by himself, or in bed supposed to be sleeping, you can often hear him singing the words to various songs. Of course, he misses parts of phrases and sings them out of order, but it is so dang cute. I really need to get it recorded on video.
If there is actually music on, or there is something with a beat, he will be found bobbing his head or running in circles "dancing." He loves to go with James and I to work at the county adaptive dances twice a month, where he gets to dance in the lights to his heart's content. A frequent request of his is "Mommy (or Daddy) dance Enzo."
Here is a video of what it is frequently like at our house. It is a month or two old or so, so his singing abilities have greatly improved. (For those of you who don't recognize what he's singing, they are singing songs from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.)
I can't resist posting another few videos from a couple months back, which also include some of Enzo's favorite people. Here, you get to see Uncle Ben dancing around with Enzo and Maggie doing the Hokey Pokey:
Popcorn Popping, another Enzo favorite:
And lastly, If You're Happy and You Know It, performed by Maggie and Enzo, and a cameo by Sophia at the end:
By far, my favorite song he sings are, "I love to see the Temple," and "I Hope They Call me on a Mission." We have to sing both of those songs every night, and he can sing nearly every word. (Unfortunately, I have yet to get those songs on video, mostly because it is bedtime when he sings them.) The title of those two songs are definitely true about Enzo. Every night he prays that he will "Grow up Mission. Married Temple." Now, when we pray for Grandma and Grandpa on their mission, his prayer will usually sound like this, "Grandma Grandpa mission grow up temple." And he really does love to see the temple. He looks for it when we are driving down the road and when he sees it will say "Dare it is!" and if he can't see it he will say "Temple Hiding." We have a primary CD in our car that has the temple song and he would frequently request it - until he got a new favorite from that CD, "Praise to the Man." I'm fairly certain he likes that one because it has a strong beat. When he gets in the car he will ask for "Joe Smith" or "more Praise Man."
I sure love this little guy. He has miraculously slept the WHOLE night till 7:20, and now I hear him calling "Mom, Mom, Milk!" I could go on and on about him, but I better go get my baby. Except he isn't my baby anymore. Now I get to go play with my Birthday Boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment